(972) 322-3199

There are several avenues to appeal a Federal or State criminal conviction.

Drafting and Filing Petitions for a Writ of Certiorari before the United States Supreme Court

A writ of certiorari orders a lower court to deliver its record in a case so that the higher court may review it.

Drafting and Filing Petitions for Rehearing and Rehearing En Banc

A petition for rehearing must contain an introduction stating that, in counsel’s judgment, one or more of the following situations exist:

  1. a material factual or legal matter was overlooked in the decision;
  2. a change in the law occurred after the case was submitted and was overlooked by the panel;
  3. the opinion is in conflict with a decision of the U.S. Supreme Court, this court, or another court of appeals and the conflict is not addressed in the opinion; or
  4. the proceeding involves one or more questions of exceptional importance.

Drafting and Filing Motions to Stay Pending Appeal

Drafting and Filing Interlocutory Writ Petitions

Drafting and filing an appeal of a ruling by a trial court that is made before all claims are resolved as to all parties. If there are three defendants in a lawsuit, until all three claims are resolved as to all three defendants, any appeal by any party will be considered interlocutory. Our courts disfavor such appeals, usually requiring parties to wait until all the claims as to all parties are resolved before any appeal can be brought to challenge any of the decisions made by the judge during the life of the case.

Drafting and Filing Petitions for Writs of Supersedes

The name given to a writ, a court order, from a higher court commanding a lower court to suspend a particular proceeding. A supersedes is a writ that suspends the authority of a trial court to issue an execution on a judgment that has been appealed. It is a process designed to stop enforcement of a trial court judgment brought up for review. The term is often used interchangeably with a stay of proceeding.

Whatever the charges you face, I can help you in the same way that I have helped thousands of other people facing these same kinds of charges. I stand by my reputation and I am ready and willing to serve you in your time of need. All I need from you is your permission to get started on your case. Call our law firm to discuss your options.